View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 04:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sigh

I've fought my weight all my life also and prior to beginning Celexa in the early spring of 2002 I had my weight at a level that was good for *me*. I weighed 150 lbs but it was mostly muscle because I was very active. I felt good, looked good...what more could one ask for? I kept my weight that way for over 5 years. Actually, now that I think about it, since about 1993 I had kept my weight within a good range for me. I'm sensitive to medication. When I gave birth to my youngest I came home from the hospital and was able to wear my jeans I wore prior to getting pregnant. But then they put me on the birth control shots that are given every three months. My weight went ape-****! Always has with any kind of oral B-control. When I stopped taking it within about 6 months my weight was back down to normal, for me. That was in late '94 early '95. Until 2002 I kept my weight at that level. Lifestyle changes, not diet. Celexa really did a number on me. And then just as the weight, post-Celexa began to come off (down about 30 lbs) they put me on Effexor XR.

So far, since beginning the weaning off process (Effexor) and eliminating processed sugar I've lost about 10 pounds. ....no wait! More like 15 lbs!

Weight loss diets don't work long term. It's essential that you change your lifestyle: Better foods, more exercise. You feel better all the way around. And you're right on, Melody, if you're not losing weight for yourself and for the right reason(s) forget it.

Last edited by Chemar; 06-29-2007 at 06:04 PM. Reason: **** needed
jarrett622 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote