View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 02:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Luthier,

If your loss of motor function is following a lot use and is accompanied by a lot of swelling my inclination is to think nerves have pressure on them and aren't as responsive. It doesn't take a lot of pressure to impact nerve impulses.

If you don't already use any light compression with activity it could be worth a try to avert some of the swelling. I find the socks uncomfortable for my situation so sometimes use athletic calf sleeves. I prefer the Zensah, as they are super soft and not too tight.
Well I'm not really using the leg that much, but it still shuts down. Like 4 to 6 blocks would be about the average before it decides not to work anymore.

I'll look into those socks, I have a good feeling about them. I'm just hoping that they have them in my size. I sent them a message to make sure but I wear a double wide 14 from Red Wing. But like I said I'm positive about it, I'm probably not the first big dude to order socks from them.

To Spike:

Sometimes stress can be a factor. It's surely not a positive. I will say that although I have had the leg shut down from mental stress a few times, but it definitely shuts down more to actual physical stress.

I've also discovered that the overall feeling of my leg is based on what I eat or consume that day. For instance if I eat healthy or at least try to eat healthy I'll have a better day the next day than I would if I ate a pizza and drank a lot of alcohol.
Luthier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (11-28-2015), PurpleFoot721 (11-25-2015), RSD ME (11-25-2015)