View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 07:21 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Multiple Concussions

Hello, I was just looking for some advice on what to do.
I have sustained multiple concussions over the course of my lifetime. I think the number is somewhere around 13, and if not, it is higher than that because I cannot remember all of them. I have trained in Kickboxing, Wresting, and Jiu Jitsu. I quit Kickboxing and Wrestling to avoid more concussions, although I have continued to train Jiu Jitsu.
Some of my concussions were pretty bad, and I had to quit training for a year because of post-concussion syndrome. I was so exhausted I simply couldn't do it.
After being back for about six months, I recently knocked my head on the floor during a Jiu Jitsu match. According to my instructors I did not hit my head hard at all, but I was out. I was conscious, but couldn't communicate, open my eyes, or respond. The concern I had from this was that is was not a very hard hit at all.
Jiu Jitsu is my passion, and I really don't want to quit, but I realize that I need to take care of my head. I had headaches for two weeks following my most recent concussion. They are mostly gone now. Is it ok for me to train again, or am I just risking the same thing happening again? I don't mind the headaches, they are totally worth it to me if it means that I can continue to train, but am I risking permanent brain injury or post-concussion syndrome if I continue to train?
jvh_star@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote