View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 07:35 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertakewl View Post
Hello. So I was wondering if anyone has any good/bad results with this medication. I just started pregablin 25 mg and working my way up to 75mg. Then they gave me ropinirole for muscle spasms/cramps. I have an assorted nueroligical symptoms and the Dr does not no what's wrong with me. But this stuff may help me .
My experience was that it made me feel very stiff, zoned out, emotionless and not entirely myself. Apathetic and melancholic. I found driving almost impossible. My wife was afraid to say anything to me because she knew how much pain i was in and was desperate to see me get relief. There was some minimal pain relief, but really no more than gabapentin. Lyrica is supposedly an improved version (via absorbability and efficacy) of gabapentin.

I personally had to stop and went with gabapentin because i could handle the side effects better.

Everyone responds different, just be careful and ask people you know if you seem different. I see your doctors are looking to start you up slowly which is good. Lyrica is really being pushed now as the drug of choice for nerve related pain. Even seeing commercials on TV for it now.

That said, some people have gotten great relief from Lyrica. It's worth a shot if you have great pain.

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (11-27-2015), Cliffman (11-25-2015), indigo (11-27-2015), zkrp01 (11-25-2015)