View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 11:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Not progressive in nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjc39 View Post
After many tests and seeing neurologists over the past 4 years I have been diagnosed with PN. My symptoms are numbness in feet, heaviness in legs and ankles, extreme weakness of the legs and balance problems. The symptoms are progressive in nature. Since I don't experience much pain the doctors are at a loss to prescribe any type of treatment other than exercise legs as much as possible. On my own I have tried Anodyne Light and electro stimulation therapy with no benefit.
I ask if anyone is experiencing the same symptoms, and if so, are you having any medically prescribed treatments or know of any current studies of possible benefit.
You might use the search function for Amyotrophy. I have all your symptoms plus, at one point in time, had lumbar and knee and butt pain that was deep and felt like "bone"pain. I contend that your symptoms don't have to be progressive. my leg weakness got to a point where I started falling and had to go to a walker. After about 6 or 8 months, my leg strength started coming back. I may have had muscle wasting also. I no longer use the walker but continue to struggle with leg strength. If you are like me, the exercise doesn't seem to "build" the legs. I feel that nerve regrowth would help but I haven't seen any progress in about 6 or 8 months now. I fear that I have grown as strong as I am capable of being. Lots of R&D going on such as PTEN knockdown and VM-2something but much still in rats and mice. I have even thought about volunteering as a Guinea pig in a promising study. My balance problems are still there but much improved.I am 2.5 yrs into and the pain is less now. I did feel strength increase when my b-12 went from 119 to 1000. Do you know your b-12 number? Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote