View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 12:11 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

You want to continue after 13+ concussions ? **

If you have not already caused permanent unrecoverable damage, you are getting awful close. My final disabling concussion did not even make me feel woozy. But, it left me with severely dysfunction memory, horrendous auditory processing problems and more resulting in a virtual end to my driving (4000 miles of driving in 14 years).

My neuro said that my last mild concussion pushed me past my brain's recovery reserve. He examined how my brain functions with a qEEG, VEP, AEP. The results showed such extensive dysfunction that he was surprised I was as functional as I continue to be. He repeated the qEEG 5 years later with the same results. No improvements.

If you are going to continue with Jui Jitsu, I suggest you get a good long term care insurance policy so you do not become a burden on your family.

Besides the cognitive problems concussions can cause, you are also increasing your risk for ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) and Parkinson's Disease ( shaking and constant tremors)

I have lived with permanent PCS symptoms since 2001. It is a tough life. Others here can attest to the daily struggles. No short term enjoyment is worth the risk of what we live with.

Last edited by Chemar; 11-25-2015 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Nt Guidelines
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blairzo (11-25-2015), jvh_star@yahoo.com (12-28-2015), red90 (11-30-2015)