View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 12:26 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

newbie,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. You've come to a great place to sort through the issues.

Based on my interpretations of the myriads of research, the rest that is most recommended is not the cocooning in a dark bedroom. I call it quiet rest. It is reducing your physical efforts and moderating auditory and visual stimulation. For many, TV is OK if stressful programs are avoided. You want to avoid any programs that cause an emotional response. Mild physical effort is good to help maintain good brain blood flow. Walks with good shock absorbing shoes are OK.

You want to try to keep mildly occupied to reduce the frustration and anxiety of boredom. For some, reading is OK. For me, it wasn't. I would read for 10 minutes and need a nap. My wife noticed this and suggested we cancel the morning newspaper. I would crash after reading it.

When you return to work, it would be helpful if you could inform your co-workers of your struggles. Maybe tell them, "If I start to get agitated, please step back and give me time to settle down and sort through this PCS over-response."

PCS is different for every victim. Try to look at your own triggers and learn from them. Moderation in our daily life is the key.

Read the Vitamins sticky at the top and watch the 'You Look Great" video series. It will help you understand better.

My best to you.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
newbie787 (11-25-2015)