View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 05:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My comp cases are still open, 2000 and 2004. Atty wanted to close them early this year ands I said NO! Problem was the neurologist who decided that a bulge was an herniated disc (2005)and said that althought I am disabled and should no longer practice dental hygiene he can not determine when the "herniation" came about and therefore cannot relate it to my work. This was before I had ever heard of TOS and was going with it because he's the DOC.

He reminds me of one of those IME 's you all talk about, trying to make it difficult for me. He asked about the comp case and I told him it was closed and he said and I quote "so you didn't get rich off it?" I had to follow up with him though recently and I did tape the visit legal or not, flattered him the entire time and then came out with it...So the disc is what causes the weakness in my hands? He said Yes but would never say it before. Then he stumbled on his words and said well, it's an overlapping problem with the carpel tunnel....He's the one who did the normal EMG and the one who saw me two months after I was considered Bionic according to the hand surgeon. Went for a 5 arm 5 elbow MMI to a 2 arm and 2 elbow????? But I was and again I quote "Better than ever". I will never regain the strenght in my hand due to the surgeries and have lost alot of muscle from my thumb.

The new doc could fit almost all his fingers behind my shoulder blade. never knew how weak they were, the normal reaction is for your muscles to drop down and not be an area of penetration. Freaky, never heard that before.
withmore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote