View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 05:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

DavidHC,

My reply is in the context of your normal 1-hour post prandial and a low 2-hour glucose tolerance test result. I had a similar experience (82 and 65, respectively) in 2012. Back then, my pain was new and was aggressively pursuing tests after tests to find the cause of the nerve pain. Unfortunately, until now we could not find one. Anyway, I posted my result then here and Mrs.D mentioned about the reactive hypoglycemia. Having been aware of the reactive hypoglycemia (and fear for possible progression of the nerve damage) I totally changed my lifestyle to include diet, full array of supplements and exercise. Take note, there is nobody in my family who was and is diabetic, or even has a problem with sugar spikes. My Aic has been slowly creeping up until my recent Aic which I am now considered prediabetic, in spite of strict low carbs diet. In the course of time, I also developed other health issues that may or may not have been related to the sugar problem. As other health issues developed, I slowed down on my supplements. I stopped taking Benfotiamine. With the new diagnosis, I will resume taking it because of its benefit on stabilizing sugar. I haven't read any literature that states side effects of benfotiamine, except if you are allergic to it or its ingredients.
My preferred dosage as maintenance is 150mg....the 600 is too high for me.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote