Thread: pn itch
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 10:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkynose View Post
I've been thinking about this since you posted and still scratching my head (metaphorically.) I get PN itch occasionally but never a blister. Some years back I had an allergic reaction to mango and didn't realize it at the time. I managed to infect many body parts inadvertently. I had the same type of reaction you describes for 3 weeks intermittently without the blisters. Blisters makes me think it could be a form of the chicken pox virus. It's all I can come up with.
Thanks, Pinky. I agree because shingles can come from having a latent chicken pox virus both of which are herpes zoster, I believe. In the info I've found, all these things are similar to the idiopathic itch I have. But nothing is mentioned specifically about a treatment or the length of time one may expect to taper off or stop.

Where we disagree is that it's gone on - I'm recounting - at least 2 months and the 3 blisters I've had haven't broken. They just flatten back down to a small pinkish area I can barely see. nothing is spreading. The same ones go through cycles of a slight itch to the maddening itch you can see - then back to nothing - no dry skin, no flaking, no scab etc. - just plain skin.

Maybe like pn, there is no cure - just coping.
jon1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote