View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 03:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Ginger for pain

Sure, np. My story of using ginger the first time follows: On a flight to Boston some years ago, my pain med was ah-hem taken by the screener when my purse fell over on the belt... I didn't realize it had disappeared until I needed it at my brother's. SIL called her mom who said "ginger." The only ginger in the house was ground spice ginger, but she dumped a teaspoon of it into hot water and stirred. No, it doesn't dissolve well that way, but was enough for me to drink (like tea.) I hadn't even finished the cupful when the pain broke to manageable. The ginger held my pain at bay until I could replenish my prescription. (PS I no longer carry a purse! ) I do add ginger to any meal I can, also.

I've since found that many chronic pain patients chew on the root all day. Ginger in any form works, depending upon your pain (migraines too!) Gingerale, ginger snaps, ginger root etc. Good wishes! I hope something helps you too. TC. JD