View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 07:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New to NeuroTalk and hurting!

I turn 31 today! I feel like Im at least 91! I was diagnosed with Fibro about 6 years ago and even though they say it isnt progressive...mine has been. At first it just started out not being able to carry my 5 month old daughter. It eventually got to the point of not being able to move my arms. I wouldnt say Ive gotten better, but I would say Ive gotten used to it and have learned how to make myself suffer through it.
Now six years later I cant sleep, I cant work, Im depressed, Ive gained weight, I have had numerous surgeries and still hurt all the time. I have many more problems than I listed, but who wants to drudge through all of that? I dont...its my birthday.
I think my main complaint is that I feel like nobody takes the pain I experience 24/7 seriously. Not even my doctor. I feel like because there isnt a lab test that can confirm what Im feeling that they can just say "well its the fibro." and that makes it okay. Some days I feel like dying would be better than feeling the way I do.
No, Im not suicidal, but sometimes the burning, stabbing pain, and fatigue is to much for one person to bear. I dont want to live my life doped up on muscle relaxers...I have four kids to enjoy!

I hope someone here understands how I feel. I just need to know Im not the only "thirty something" adult woman who some days cant even put on a bra because it hurts for ANYTHING to touch her.
pngsista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote