View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 09:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Hi DynaGuy,

This may be a massive long shot, but you are the first person here, apart from me, to have double vision not caused by MG - if your bloods are correct - and I wonder whether the cause of yours could be the same as mine.

In 2013 I was driving back from a Radiotherapy (Colorectal) appt, when I was struck with sudden onset double vision. No pain, no other symptoms. It has remained wildly unstable ever since, during opthalmic tests the strength of corrective prisms needed varied from 5 to 12 in a matter of seconds, and that was a good day. Stress, Anxiety and tiredness makes it worse, as does the fact that my dominant eye switches from right to left and back at random.

All tests for MG were negative, so I had an MRI and a large lesion was found right through the middle of the Pons area of my brain. This is the cause of my problems. It is irreversible, but I wear distance glasses with a lens fogged out as a passenger in the car - I cannot drive any more - and to read a screen and type on here I have to cover one eye with my left hand, swapping as eye dominance changes.

What happened to my brain is rare, but if you have no other avenue it may be worth investigating. Whatever the cause, vision problems suck, curtailing your independance and making the simplest tasks more difficult.

Dave.
Very interesting Dave. Thank You.
It's hard to argue Myasthenia Gravis since they did take a 2 lb thymoma out of my chest 2 years ago, but man, my vision has gotten much worse since the surgery.

I'm traveling to Johns Hopkins in a couple weeks to see if they can shine any light on this. So much of my life has been put on hold because of my vision.

Last edited by DynaGuy; 11-27-2015 at 01:47 PM.
DynaGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (11-27-2015)