View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 10:19 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Making good recovery

I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I wanted to post in the "Hope and Healing" thread, because I'm pretty much on my way to a good recovery. The thing about "full" recovery is that it cannot be an expectation that one will return to pre-injury levels. One will be different. Perhaps better, even. I know that I am more even-tempered and let life flow a heck of a lot better. There were several keys, however, for me. #1: I accepted myself in my new reality. This really seems to be the number 1 step toward recovery, and was a work in progress for several months. #2. There is this phrase that I latched on to: "the less you think and worry about your symptoms, the faster they will usually go away." This is very, very true. Not that my symptoms have completely gone away, I may still have a few of them come and go for awhile, but thinking about them less and less is very important. #3: Really, PCS is a terrible and bizarre affliction, but thankfully, with patience, it can be recovered from. I think it's really important to keep one's anxiety in check. That was probably what exacerbated my symptoms the most. Stay strong and positive and things will eventually work out! Thanks to everyone on the forum, and especially Mark from Idaho to help me get through this.
seth8a is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anja 70 (11-28-2015), lilyNYC (12-29-2015)