View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 02:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Pam,
This is certainly a lot to undertake.

It sounds like the facility you are going to is doing the right thing by having you start to explore these emotional issues as an outpatient, while you still have the love and comforts of home for support. It is like they are giving you a head start on what you will be going through.

Trying to deal with emotional issues and pain issues simultaneously sounds like an awful lot to bite off at once though, I hope you don't mind me saying. Pam, Do you have the flexibility to say to the facility, "Listen, the therapy has re opened hugely traumatic incidences from my past that I am having some difficulty with and I would like to come to terms with all the before I start the inhouse 2 week program? " Meaning, can you say, I prefer to start later, after I have a better handle on these issues?
Just a thought.

I am also thinking time frames, in that, the holidays have a lot of emotional import for many of us and you will be dealing with all of this in the weeks before Christmas and then come home just before Christmas, perhaps at your most vulnerable, yet have all the issues of Christmas to deal with. Perhaps, it is a matter of the glass half full or half empty. On the positive side, It could potentially be the greatest Christmas gift in the world to you and your family
as you successfully make it through the program with the results you are seeking. Or maybe, good to away from home during all the pre Christmas hubbub.

Honestly, my heart aches for you as you are not only dealing with the physical side, the "bee stings" , overall daily chronic pain, etc, but dealing with re-emerging emotional traumas, and no doubt dealing with hubby's readjustment to sobriety and return to work AND you are working part time.You have shown you are the type of person who, when she sets her mind to a task, you accomplish it.
I wish you the very best Pam and am thinking, as painful as this has been on so many levels, what an amazing accomplishment and how much better your life will be when you have completed the program. I have my cheerleading skirt on for you!

A big hug and tons of positive energy coming your way. Please keep us posted.
Much love, D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Hi D, I go Dec 6. Hip pain resolving, and now weird feeling like a dozen or so bumble bee sting attack sensation comes over my lumbar region from time to time. The nerves reawakening no doubt.

My anxiety has kicked in and is overwhelming at times. My pre-sessions to the clinic have awakened some hugely traumatic incidences that occurred in my childhood and teenage years, things I have had locked away and not even acknowledged, there is the saying you need to remember in order to forget, I hope so. It's painful and traumatic, the two weeks inpatient period will no doubt explore these. I am not sure I was ready for this, it has opened some incredible wounds and I have cried an ocean of tears. I am so hopeful this experience will release me. It will be devestating to go through this and get no relief (pain relief I mean) of course, there should be emotional relief, perhaps that will be enough? I sure hope so xxx
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (11-30-2015), DejaVu (11-28-2015), PamelaJune (11-29-2015)