View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 01:40 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Looking for advice

Hi I'm new here, so sorry if I'm doing this wrong somehow!

I had got a concussion over a year ago (first day of my senior year of college). It sucked but I managed to keep doing school even though I was pretty solidly messed up for a couple months. I was doing okay by the end of the school year (although going without food or sleep or working with my thesis partner on our project for too long would bring some of the symptoms back). I felt like I was pretty much all better.

But since then I've been re-concussed a number of times (all very light bumps on the head that none the less made me feel very badly) and I've been having a harder time taking care of myself (resting my brain when stuff starts to feel bad) now that I'm out of the structure of the school environment. Like I had a goal and a routine there: rest all day so I could go to class, rest, eat, do homework with lots of rest breaks.

I get migraines too so I already have this built in bad habit of ignoring head pain if I'm doing something I enjoy (like reading or watching tv).

Anyway, I had an internship after school, which just ended, and now I have some time between things to really rest and try to heal my stupid brain, but I'm having a hard time making myself actually DO IT. Does anyone have any advice? Like how to structure my day? Or what activities are easier on the brain? I get so bored and sad and anxious doing nothing. Also I feel really guilty about it and also maybe a little frustrated and self-destructive? So any advice on how to make healthy brain choices would also be welcome.
Concussed-Jellybean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote