View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 10:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

[QUOTE=kazzak21;1185979]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkynose View Post

Yes I agree my diet does need some work, going to see a nutritionist before Christmas. It's really freaky when you get new symptoms, have you been working on specific things on your gut health, like gluten free? ]
1) Gluten is not a real issue for me but sugar is so I try to be white flour free. White bread has very little fiber and a lot of sugar and it converts to sugar pretty quickly. When I do I eat gluten I go for whole-grains, which are fiber-rich and my body has to work harder to break down and longer to turn them to sugar.
2) No artificial sweeteners
3) I don't eat processed meats and stay away from packaged foods that have ingredients I've never heard of and can't even pronounce.
4) I try to eat foods that keep my system alkaline and avoid ones that make me acidic or at the very least balance them out at meals. If you need more info on this PM me.
5) I eat fruit but I don't drink fruit juice because I am aware of the sugar content.

I feel the biggest enemy to gut health is sugar.

I am nowhere near perfect on this. I do the best I can but when I cheat I do try to do so knowingly. Hope this helps.
pinkynose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kazzak21 (11-29-2015)