View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 12:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

English Dave said it all.

I designed a sheet for me to track my daily meds, food consumption, and blood sugar levels. It took several drafts over the first year after being diagnosed with diabetes for me to make the daily sheet tailored to my specific needs, desires, and the information I wanted to record both for me and for my physician.

I printed out a template and make 30-31 copies each month. I put the pages in a loose leaf binder and keep in on the kitchen counter. Each day, I record everything and the next morning I just turn to the next page and repeat the procedure daily. At the end of the month, I remove the month of records and compile the meter reading information into ONE sheet for my physician.

I record EVERYTHING (except water). I write the time and what I consume. If I drink a cup of coffee, I record it. Every single item that crosses my lips is recorded and the time I eat or drink it, even down to the minute, but rounding to 5 minute intervals would probably suffice. (For example: If I start to drink a cup of coffee at 8:36, I write 8:36 but I guess 8:35 or even 8:40 would be just as good.) I record my meter readings and the time it was performed. I write down the time I swallow my meds and the times I inject my insulin.

I eat right next to my binder of daily sheets so it is starring me in the face and I can't forget to record my intake.

Each day, the first thing I do when I enter the kitchen is do a FASTING blood sugar level. I record it at the top of my sheet where I write in the day of the week and the date.

This system has worked very well for me for years now. I also never have to worry about if I took a med or just thought about it since I record the time of all meds on my sheet also.

I posted a reply to you on your other thread before reading this one.

Wishing you the best in your newest challenge.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bddouglas (11-29-2015), bluesfan (11-30-2015), EnglishDave (11-29-2015), KnowNothingJon (12-03-2015), mrsD (11-29-2015)