View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 04:57 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerngal View Post
If you are not having success in getting results from a local neurologist, then Mayo clinic is a way to get all of your tests and some answers in a short period of time. they will run many tests a day and before you leave at the end of the week you will have your results. I had my spinal tap results from there when I left, there was not a long wait.
If you have a thorough neurologist who is getting the tests and labs you need, then you may find that Mayo is just repeating tests you already had. But, then again a second opinion is always good.

I do find it interesting that so many of us with neuropathy seem to have anemia. I have done many searches and never found much information linking the two.
Hi northern gal, I believe it depends on the tests being done as to the time taken. They can get viral and bacterial screens done within hours but the inflammation tests take longer.
Maybe they send them away to somewhere else but I doubt it since our hospital is a major teaching hospital, but who knows 😊
Blairzo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote