View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 07:35 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Idiot! Idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillHoping View Post
I’m really sorry to hear what you are going through.

I was diagnosed with Lymphoma, after many years of dealing with a chronic illness without a definite diagnosis. It was encouraging that at least with the cancer there was a definite diagnosis and a clear treatment protocol. And although the treatments aren’t easy they are time limited and it is possible to recover.
I highly recommend the book: Anticancer by David Servan Schreiber
http://www.anticancerbook.com/

I agree with the recommendations of mrsD.
When I started the chemotherapy my hemato-oncologist and the doctor who manage the integrative clinic at the hospital recommended to stop all the supplements I was taking. I don’t know if this recommendation is relevant to the specific supplements and treatment you are about to get.

Good luck !

Not you........ME!

When I read MrsD's response post I immediately had one of those--smack myself in the forehead, Why had this not occurred to me?-- moments.

Around 1-1/2 to 2 months after beginning the massive supplement doses for my Alky induced PN, some patches on my face and scalp became noticeably active. A subsequent biopsy showed them positive for Squamous Cell Carcinoma (In Situ). The surgery to remove them was deemed 100% successful.

At about the same time this annoying growth appeared in my throat which my GP said looked like a badly infected tonsil. When informed I had them removed some 60 years ago, he sent me immediately to the best ENT he was familiar with, whose samples of the tissue biopsied also positive for Squamous Cell Carcinoma--the extent of spread to be determined by C/T and PET Scans. My first thoughts ran to metastasis from the Dermal, to which my ENT who now has become my Primary in this, assured that such was an "impossibility," and merely coincidence.

Maybe not. The two cancers though not causal to each other brought me right to my "smack on the forehead moment" induced by MrsD's reminder that due to C cells need for nutrition to support their rapid growth. Was my rich supplement regimen enabling them, as much, if not more, than aiding my PN healing process?

I immediately ceased all supplements save a Senior Multi and Jarrows B-Right. Will rely on them, diet, and whatever is RX'd by my Radiologist and Hemato-Oncologist who we first meet with tomorrow to set and proceed with a treatment protocol. At such point further treatments are deemed not required, and I am officially "cleared," will get back to dealing with my existing PN, as well as any new "gifts" that may be brought on by upcoming treatments.

Will post progress in the hope info may prove helpful to others in future.

Thanks to all for sharing their experiences and kind wishes.

Sarge
Sarge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (11-29-2015), zkrp01 (11-29-2015)