View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 10:22 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default I have trouble keeping to just a few words. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzak21 View Post
Thanks for that information, yes I think I have far to much sugar in my diet, I have quite a sweet tooth.
I understand about having a sweet tooth. I have a mouth full of them! And full disclosure, I have not completely eliminated sugar, I cut way down and make more sensible choices most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzak21 View Post
Just really interested, has your neuropathy improved since you have started to eliminate sugar?
It is hard to answer because my symptoms had gotten better by the time I finally accepted that I needed to cut out/down the amount of sugar I was ingesting. What I do know with certainty is that whenever I take in too much sugar my burning is much worse and extends to my hands and the stabbing pains I rarely get anymore begin to show up. It also causes me to have disrupted sleep.

I do not know if you have discovered a cause for your neuropathy. Mine is believed to come from my lumbar spine, but that is only a best guess. I see a chiropractor and a PT for that. It made no sense in the beginning to me that sugar or diet would play a role in my symptoms if they came from my spine. I now know that because of my spine my nerves are inflamed and irritated and anything I can do to reduce that inflammation will help my symptoms.

A little about Sugar, and the Brain:

When sugar is eaten the bacteria in your intestines, which make B vitamin complexes, begin to die. When the B vitamin complex levels decrease, a compound known as glutamic acid is not processed. Glutamic acid is one of the main components of brain function.

Refined sugar is not a food-- it is a chemical.

Here is an short article on sugar. It's mostly about mental health but it does include neuropathy. There are many others on credible sites. It states. "When refined sugar is consumed over a long period of time, the resulting chronic low level of available glutamic acid and consequent impaired glutamic acid utilization is associated with various neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease, neuropathy, depression, epilepsy, and schizophrenia."
http://amazingdiscoveries.org/H-dece...mental-illness

Last edited by pinkynose; 11-29-2015 at 09:58 PM. Reason: I should never use my cell to write a post.
pinkynose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kazzak21 (11-30-2015)