View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 11:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default How do you start accepting your disability?

I'm really in need of some advice because the only time I feel uplifted is when I do something that is connected to my old way of life. For example going to the diner on a Sunday with a friend. However the other day I did something very foolish and it cost me in pain & grief. In the past 5 mos. I developed a bad case of SFN that is very painful in most body parts. My hands & legs down to my feet are always hurting. Being fully aware of this I went to Home Depot and bought a replacement faucet for the kitchen sink. It was a job I had done with no problem several years ago. This time I tried to replace the faucet with this diseased body. Wow, not only was I was not able to complete the job but now I have extremely bruised contusions all over my back and neck. My hands hurt so much at one point that that all my fingers trembled for a while. I had to ice my hands and forearms to calm everything down. The whole experience brought me to tears of grief and anger. I kept yelling "why has this happened to me".

I would like to ask how did you start accepting your disability? I am having a lot of denial issues and could really use some help.

Thanks,
Cliffman

PS-I'm now waiting for the plumber to come and fix the mess I have made plus I presently have no running water in the house because I had to shut off the main.
Cliffman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (11-30-2015), echoes long ago (12-01-2015), Joe Duffer (11-30-2015), Lerch (03-16-2019), Littlepaw (12-01-2015), pinkynose (11-30-2015), shelbie4u (12-04-2015)