View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up It was a cold and rainy afternoon

I would like to ask how did you start accepting your disability? I am having

Sorry, I always wanted to start a post thataway. I needed to get into the backyard and unstop a drain. If I didn't my house could get water in through the patio doors. I did OK until I stepped into a hole or depression and went down. I tried getting up,no dice. Called my wife and she tried, no dice. Was brought a chair, no dice. Called 911 and hoped the lightening wouldn't get me before they arrived. Fast forward about two years and now I know what the forcast is and if drain maintenance is needed it is done while the sun shines. This is just one example of a person pushing the limits. Your faucet thing was pushing your limits. Just like animals that sniff an electric fence, it just takes a couple of times to learn not to do certain things. To this day, I will not go into a swimming pool without some spare horsepower in the form of another man or a teenager, etc. Yes it is degrading and just as soon as you think you have no dignity to lose, BAM, another chunk bitten off and swallowed by life living with this condition. I don't think full acceptance is ever achieved. Perhaps some achieve a state of homeostasis where they aren't always barking,kicking,snarling and biting the electric wire. You obviously are not there yet. I have regained the ability to walk, if you don't push once in a while there is no other way to guage capabilities. A little post-failure remorse is natural. Oh, I have also regained the ability to change the oil in my vehicles. I grab the bumper and haul away until I'm standing. I had to hire plumbers for the first time in my life so I feel your pain, in wallet as well as dignity. Keep fighting, well, wait until you heal up. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cliffman (11-30-2015), EnglishDave (11-30-2015), Joe Duffer (11-30-2015), jon1 (12-01-2015), Lerch (03-16-2019), Littlepaw (12-01-2015), pinkynose (11-30-2015)