View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 11:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramdas View Post
Friends,

I am suffering from bi -lateral ntos .I left my IT job and now doing masters to take a teaching job just because of tos issues.
I would like to understand in general how many of us on this group are still working full time?

Please give some ideas.

Ramdas
I've had TOS for >15 yrs and have worked nearly all of it. I work on computer all day. I also have CRPS in right (dom) arm. It is not easy by any means. I've had to take some breaks, but this is mostly b/c of CRPS flairs. I've wanted to keep working not just for the money, but also b/c I'm of generation that equates working with worth.

My right arm is purely decorative - I just use it to fill out my clothing. Now that my symptoms are becoming bilateral, I am more nervous though. It was easier when I had a good arm to stand on (HA!), but if the left one goes out, I've got nothing. If given the choice of dealing with not working or losing use of my one good arm, I'll learn to like daytime TV

As for whether to continue schooling, I'd say yes - though you might need to lengthen the time it takes you. I got masters in 3 years instead of 2 so I didn't have to do as much course work. What I've learned is essential for my health is good posture and proper ergo. The posture has to come from proper muscle balancing, not just forcing your shoulders back and head this way or that. Get to know a good physio and can teach you the right exercises. Stay with him/her for a long enough time to know if what was prescribed is working and then you can continue on your own, just getting a check in as needed. Also, buy the best ergo stuff, even if you have to skimp elsewhere.

Good luck.
ShaggyChic_1201 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote