View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 06:12 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Palatal Myoclonus

Hi,

I hope you all find this post to be extremely helpful. I've had palatial myoclonus since age 31. Diagoned in 2004, first told I had epilepsy as was given Depekote. Didn't work. Many smart doctors gave me meds, had never seen throat spasms in someone so young. Many MRIs, no lesions. Bottom line: Palatal Myoclonus is a descriptive condition. Clozepam helps. But fades over time. You need to see a chiropractor to do low back and neck adjustments. I used to take 4 mgs of Klonipin per day. Now, 11 years later, I take 4 per week. I do yoga. I stretch. I get bi-weekly adjustments because the nerves are firing because of stress and pressure on joints. You have to do the work. Stretch, have a professional move bones. It works. It's not perfect, but I almost couldn't survive until I got targeted Chiro treatment. Yoga is also amazing. Get your body right, it takes time, but pays off. So Chiro, yoga, back alignment, and some Klonipin help a ton. My neck is firing off now, my low back hurts, so I will do yoga again tomorrow , then an adjaument. Taking just drugs is not the answer. If you need more guidance, let me know. I've been at my worst, 8 years in, now at my best 11 years in. At 41, best shape of life, still tough at times, but I can get through it. You can too. Let's go!
MJBarclay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote