View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 02:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1 View Post
I'm 85 and was diagnosed about 25 years ago. Absolutely refused to accept it because I knew I could think of something to make it go away.

First, I lost feeling and strength in left arm & hand. Dropped everything. Neuro said nothing could be done. I bought a grip ball from a golf shop. It basically never was out my hand for about a year. My grip came back and
still works.

A few years forward and I suddenly lost control of my right foot. Could move it tripped over with each step. Neuro said nothing could be done. I found ways to make it work again. After over a year it worked fine and I've never had another case of 'drop foot'. I'll be glad to be more specific about things to do if anyone wants help.

PN is one of several battles I deal with 24/7. I get vexed still because my body refuses to do most everything. Fortunately, my mind is still clear so I
keep busy coping.

Cliffman, all of us with PN feel as you do. Venting here will help some for that reason. We hear you. Every reply was someone who vents our frustrations, too.

Im 65 and recently diagnosed , I feel so bad mentally all the time. Its the why me, I have constant burning feet and legs. I cant stop thinking about my illness. In fact thats all I think about ... I see you made it for 20 years I dont think I can , because why do I have to have this.? Thank you for your post you gave me hope.
eyeball1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cliffman (12-01-2015), echoes long ago (12-02-2015), Littlepaw (12-01-2015), pinkynose (12-01-2015)