View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 08:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think I look at this question a bit differently. I think dealing with a chronic condition like this goes in stages. I have dealt with my condition for 19 years now and I have gone through times of anger, denial, acceptance, etc...just like stages of grieving, because you are grieving, in a way. Grieving the life you once had.

You will miss the things you used to do, but find appreciation for new things you discover. You will get angry when you cannot accomplish tasks that were once easy, but then you will have a whole new sense of achievement when you are successful with other things (even ones on a smaller scale).

The most important thing to realize is that you need to treasure each day you have and make the most of it...whether it's a good or bad day. If you look hard enough if you will find good in every day...and this is what you need to focus on.

In other words, focus on what you still have and new things that you are appreciating, and not on what you have lost.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (12-02-2015), Cliffman (12-02-2015), echoes long ago (12-02-2015), Littlepaw (12-01-2015), pinkynose (12-01-2015), Susanne C. (12-01-2015)