Thread: Hello MGers...
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 04:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey Gabelle!

Hi Gabelle, it's Jean (Hummingbird60). Decided as long as we have a new forum I would go with a new handle as well. Wanted something a little shorter any ways. Gracie is actually my loveable chocolate labs name. She's my buddy and keeps my feet warm, so thought I'd give her a little credit.

Hope you have been doing well. I've had a rather tough summer with some strange things going on. Had pleural effusions last month and still haven't completely recovered. I see my rheumy the week after next, but saw neuro this last Weds. He told me it looked like my lupus was acting up and urged me to get my late Oct. appt with rheumy moved up. I was lucky that they are squeezing me in 3 weeks early. As far as the MG, I have been rather weak. Especially my neck. Neuro wants me to kick up my Mestinon a bit and stay on the Cellcept. I may have to go back on Prednisone again. Though doc's are willing to do a Medrol pack and see if that kicks it out of my system before doing a long course of it again. My rheumy said she would talk to me more about it when I come in.

Good to see you post. Thanks for the message letting me know that BT is back online. I was starting to give up hope. Guess I shouldn't have doubted John for a second. Should have known he would come through. Hope others get back here soon. I have wondered all summer how everyone is doing.

Did you go back to teaching this fall? I remember you were struggling with that decision.

Take care, Gracie
Gracie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote