View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
For missing email notices, check your spam or junk folder.. just in case they went there.
Oh, never thought of that. I have a question. We have just had a nice conversation with one of the Medicare Advantage Plans (this just might be the one). It's within our means. I told her "we are keeping appts and we will get back to you, do you come to the house?" She was very nice. She said 'No, I have all your information and we can do this over the phone". She gave me her name and cell number also. I said 'We can do this over the phone, we can switch over the phone??" She said "yes, everything is done by computer now, all I would need is your medicare claim number, your physican numbers, etc. etc, your EPIC ID, and we'll get in touch with EPIC. It can be done over the phone because we are in the month of December and because your insurance company is no longer in business after the first, we can do this over the phone".

Never heard of that. Last time, the rep came to our house, and all the paperwork had to be signed, etc. Then we got our card in the mail.

Update, before I hit the post option. Just called her back and I said "Don't we have to sign something, some paper that we are switching?" She said 'no, I will get your authorization over the phone, this is how we do things in our HMO".

It's a popular plan, not some off name plan.

Just want your opinion, Thanks much, Melody'

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote