View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 10:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Nikki87,

Thanks for the positive feedback!!

Your description indicates an infection and it may be more involved that just with the extraction site. The new fistula that formed, is that tooth root canaled?

It does not behoove you to wait to see the dentist, it is best to go as soon as possible. If the periodontist just wants to prescribe antibiotics and seems disinterested in the problem, then it may be wise to consult with an oral surgeon.

Please check back with us when you can.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki87 View Post
Hi there,
Just wanted to say this is probably the most helpful site I found! I thank you for that.
I had a previously root canaled tooth extracted (upper 2nd to last molar) and bone grafting performed 12 days ago. Still in pain and swollen/ red and throbbing. Some of the gums are a bluish green color? The perio did say he scrapped away some infected bone. I was taking Amox until 3 days ago I finished the script. On day 5 a fistula above the neighboring tooth developed and hurt very badly. It has sinced drained but you can still see where it is and the area all around the graft throbs. It was over thanksgiving holiday so I did not call, I know I know . I have post op apt in 2 days, should I try and get seen sooner? Pain is def worse at night a and the extraction site is draining yellow pus. Thanks in advance for any help

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nikki87 (12-03-2015)