View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 11:28 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The daily heading drills are the worst part of soccer, worse than the occasional real concussion. Your denial of the headaches was a big mistake. Just wait. I bet there will be some huge law suits against AYSO, FILA, US Youth Soccer, etc. in the next few years. Rugby is just as dangerous.

Idaho Youth Soccer is outlawing heading below 10. Calif did already.

I'd like to see no heading under 18 in the goal area and no heading drills. The goal area is where head to head concussions happen most, especially during corner kicks. If heading was removed from the sport, ball handling would still carry the fans. I saw Pele' play in '72. His ball handling was mesmerizing.

We had a center on my high school team who was amazing. It was amazing to watch Rui and Tony walk right through the defense. We rarely had to head the ball. We won games with exquisite ball handling. More than half the team grew up kicking sheep bladders around the dirt in Portugal since they could walk. One season, we outscored the opposition 56 to 1. We shut out ever team but one during the regular season. We had refs disqual some goals out of pity for the other team.

I'd watch no header soccer.

So, you need to determine to take care of your brain with good brain nutrition, good sleep and no toxins (alcohol, minimal caffeine, etc.).

And, Don't let anybody you know do any headbanging. A few years ago, a mom on NT had a son who ended up in a full time psych facility from a night of headbanging.

My best to you.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote