View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 07:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Nikki87,

Thanks for the positive feedback!!

Your description indicates an infection and it may be more involved that just with the extraction site. The new fistula that formed, is that tooth root canaled?

It does not behoove you to wait to see the dentist, it is best to go as soon as possible. If the periodontist just wants to prescribe antibiotics and seems disinterested in the problem, then it may be wise to consult with an oral surgeon.

Please check back with us when you can.
Bryanna
I hope I'm doing this right . Thanks for the info.
The tooth that developed did not have a rc, I have learned my lesson and will never have bother one of those. I'm praying he does not dismiss my concern. I am only 28 and have been having/lost a lot of upper teeth this year and am just so tired of dealing with shady dentists.
I do have a upper very back molar on my opposite side that was extracted about 6 wks back by a regular dds and was not rc. It had some bony shards sticking out until. A few wks ago and is now caustic pain and swelling on the inside of my gum. the molar beside it was extracted in August and rc in July im scared of a jaw infection? Is this possible? Why else would it start to bother me 6 wks post extraction? The dentist was very careless and I had 2 large pieces of bone sticking out for some time. My perio did say he would "clean it up". I thank you again for the help you have provided to us all!
Nikki87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote