View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 09:16 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi there,

Still no pain in the top and it's been all day - so I'm pretty happy about that. He has left the packing in this long before during this whole process, said it's perfectly okay to do so.. I'm not entirely sure why, I don't think it matters to him how many appointments I have. I've been kinda confused during the process why I needed to leave the dressings in for so long and have so many dressings. When he changes it and takes the packing out it feels fine and doesn't hurt, but I imagine I would have to wait a while before pain set in after taking it out? We took the packing out last week and within a few hours the pain returned so I called his office and he put it back in for me that afternoon.

He hasn't really told me to rinse lately.. he told me at the very beginning of this all to use warm salt water so I've still been doing that about 3 times a day. My mouth feels ok for the most part and it seems like everything looks ok when I look inside it. So far no signs of infection (I've had an infection in the wisdom tooth area before). I guess I should just continue doing this until I get the packing out? He gave me a syringe to use to flush the sockets out with once the packing comes out for good.

Thank you for your advice,

Janice
JG1993 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote