View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 12:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up No difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
So one possible cause of my SFN could be alcohol - I used to drink quite a lot leading up to it and for years, mostly beer. I was never an alcoholic in terms of dependency, but it was a lot. I find it somewhat worrisome hearing some of the passing comments on this PN forum about the prognosis and potential for improvement of alcohol induced neuropathy. Is it that bad and universally so?

As soon as I found out that alcohol could even potentially be the cause - none of the physicians said so, I just did research - I dropped the alcohol and haven't touched it for months.

More and more I think that it's diet related or general health, since I have reactions to sugar and carbs, but of course what else is alcohol, in particular beer, than that?
If you can find a causal factor for your PN such as diabetes or alcohol at least that gives a person something to keep under control. I don't remember any kind of situation where a person could say that they were fortunate because they this kind or that kind of PN. The parameters for symptoms however are wide open. Some suffer terribly and others are just aggravated that they have something that they cannot fix. I hope that your symptoms are not too bad and that it wasn't too hard to get off the beer. I have friends that have absolutely no power over alcohol and will become violent at even the conversation about getting help. This is the reason that I hate alcohol and have much respect for anyone strong enough to fight it. We all struggle to eat for nutrition and understand what out body needs to heal or at least stop the damage. You need to know what your b-12 number is because I felt a bit better after I got mine up toward 1000. Also if you experience tender and burning skin on your feet, Mortons Epsom Salt Lotion helped me to use bedsheets again. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DavidHC (12-05-2015), MelodyL (12-04-2015)