View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 02:28 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Hi Roxie

Another IVIG'er here too - and hoping it helps you! The sources that Dahlek has listed are excellent resources, read up as much as you before you start - somtimes you know more then the nurses...

When I first starting IVIg 1 1/2 years ago, they did five rounds in the hospital as a day patient (again med and amount and rate picked by my doctor for my specific needs).... but since I can no longer drive its much easier to me to have them at home, so then did that.... I was getting infusions once a week most of last year, we took a break because of some other health issues etc. - but am starting up again once every two weeks... I'm going to try a different medicine that we may be able to infuse faster (the former one took 4 1/2 hours)... this one we'll start at four but see in a while if we can go down.... I do get side affects - but they seemed to get better as time went on... always really tired day of infusion, due lots to the meds and I real woozy afterward - usually by noon of the next day I'm starting to feel better (just plan on sleep).....

They waited many years to start this treatment on me (six) - so I have lost my sensory nerves, thus balance and have to use assistance to get around.... however, the IVIG did add stength, and the doc feels that he sees an improvement in my arms.. also, without the IVIG the tingling and numbness is much worse in my legs. As said above, some see dramatic improvement, others not as much, but I think lots depends on how severely you are already affected.

I hope its a good experince for you
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote