View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 05:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Peripheral neuropathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerngal View Post
I have all of the symptoms you mentioned, numbness in feet, heaviness in lower legs, balance problems, weakness, muscle atrophy in calves, but, no pain. It started in toes and slowly progressed up toward knees. For treatment I had prednisone, IVIG, plasmapherisis, and rituxin. I stopped all treatment 2 and a half years ago. It has not progressed.
The thought is, either the above treatments stopped it or it burnt itself out.
I try to exercise, but I don't feel it is possible for me to build my calf muscles back up until the nerve to those muscles regenerate. I can not dorsi flex (lift my foot upward) due to the weakness.
I am currently attempting stem cell therapy hoping it will help regenerate the damaged nerves in my lower legs.
Thank you for these suggestions. How did your doctor decide on these different therapies? Did you have some tests that indicated they were a possible solution? If so, what tests were you given? Where is your doctor located?
If you don't mind me asking, what is your age. I am 76 and all this started when I was in my early 70's. I try to go to the gym at least 2 - 3 days a week, do 30 minutes on the treadmill or bicycle, some weights, and 30 minutes of walking in the pool. I can use the treadmill because I can hold on. Nothing seems to help rebuild my muscle in my legs. I'm very interested in your stem cell therapy. More please.
Rjc39 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jurgen975 (12-05-2015)