View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 05:14 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Cool Double Vision in One Eye

Hi there,

I have double vision in my right eye and was wondering if anyone might be able to share experiences/possible diagnoses/ideas.

I do have an appointment with an opthalmologist Monday morning but am fretting and using the web for self-diagnosis. I shouldn't. But please indulge me.

I'm a very fit, healthy 40 year old female. Non-smoker. Light drinker. Non-hypochondriac (not that there's anything wrong with that). 20/15 vision in my heydey.

About five years ago I started having slightly decreased vision at night. Shrugged it off as old age.

Two years ago I noticed, while looking at a digital clock, that the vision trouble is actually ONLY in my right eye. I saw ghosting of the numbers on the clock. It wasn't blurry - it was just very specifically double vision. I notice the ghosting the most when looking at the digital clocks and the moon at night. Only in the right eye.

It is worsening over time. It's worse now than it was two years ago and it seems to worsen in very specific moments. Like one day I just realize, oh wow, my vision got worse today. The ghosted image is getting further away from the original image.

It doesn't seem to get worse/better with tiredness. It just is what it is, worsens, plateaus, worsens, etc.

My left eye seems to be at least still 20/20. I cover my right and can see perfectly (albeit with compromised depth perception).

I have no eye pain or other neuro symptoms that I'm aware of. Migraines about once a month.

Worried about MS. Don't know anyone in my family with it or any other neuro disorders. And of course, brain tumor.

Any ideas? Things to make sure to ask/cover at doctor's appointment?

Thanks!
Christie
Christieland is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (12-05-2015)