View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 11:11 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Melody,

Thank you for your colorful story. I quite enjoy such stories. She reminds me of my great grandmother, who lived several years past 100, a tiny woman.

Each day I have a smoothie for breakfast, but since I'm on a ketogenic diet, there is no fruit, which I never consume (many studies now show the ill effects of fructose, basically sugar, on the body), but veggies and lots of fat. One example would be coconut oil, avocado, some herbs, and say some spinach and kale, or chard, etc. I often throw in some spices too. It's very nutrient dense.

Since I can't consume eggs and of course grains, the smoothie was the last option. When I could eat nuts, no more on my autoimmune protocol, I used to add some almond butter or just raw nuts of all sorts and some hemp, sunflower or pumpkin seeds. I miss those.

Thanks again for your thoughtful note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
David Hi.

I don't know if you are into juicing (I can't because it's concentrated and diabetics really are not supposed to be juicing their fruits or veggies, or so I have been told). But the lady across the street (and this is a good example of what a healthy lifestyle can do for you.

She's in her early sixties, weighs about 100 lbs (if she weighs even that), she has a Nutra Bullet and she juices every day. She has a mountain bike and she is on that thing every day of her life. At night she wears a hat with a light so we all know she's coming down the block. She was hit by a car a few months ago, knocked off the bike and injured her arm. She came across the street and said "Melody, can you come into my house for a minute, I need that arm of yours for my Nutra Bullet"? I said "sure'. Now I have never used one of those so I had no idea how POWERFUL these things can be.

She had put all green things in the Nutra Bullet and she told me to just turn it once. I said ONCE?" She said 'yeah, just once" I guess I pulsated it for one second. Holy Cow, scared the bejesus out of me. That thing juiced whatever was in that thing in one second. Never saw such a powerful juicer.

She drank it down and she does this every day. She is a tiny person, about 4 feet 11. Hardly any body fat but she's an athletic animal. She goes on caravans in other countries, she rides camels, she TRAVELS.

She really knows how to live and her arm was not broken, only sprained and she's over that due to her going to therapy 3 times a week. Nothing is keeping her off of that bike and her smoothies.

Have you ever tried smoothies? Maybe there is a magical healing connection in one of those. Can't hurt to try.

Melody
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote