View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 12:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello everyone I am new to this forum and still kinda new with crps. My name is Casey and I'm 32 DX a year ago. I was at work and got injured helping a patient he grabbed my thumb and bent it backwards and it popped on Dec 27,2013. It instantly started to swell and was painful I went to ER were they told me it was a wrist and thumb sprain be better in a couple of weeks with splint. Yeah right!! The pain continued to get worse everyday to the point if I took splint off I would cry in pain. I was finally after 3 months sent in for an MRI that showed nothing except fluid around thumb. I was referred to an ortho hand surgeon that tried injections to release the trigger thumb with no success. Finally in May 2014 I had my first surgery on wrist and thumb started OT and was feeling a little better for about 6 weeks until the thumb locked up again the swelling came back the pain and burning were intense and I was back to having no use of my left hand ( I am lefty) I went in for another surgery in Oct 2014 for the trigger thumb again and I had so much scar tissue built up it had entrapped my nerves and tendons. After surgery I once again started OT this time it was different I couldn't feel anything except pain I could have probably set my hand on a hot burner and wouldn't have known. The swelling never went away my hand would get so hot it felt like it was on fire then it would turn blue and be like ice on the bones. I was finally DX with crps sweating hand intense pain mottled shiny swollen no ROM. Working in the medical field I knew what this was and was not happy even yelled at my doctor and told him he was wrong so he sent me to a neurology doctor and he also verified what my doctor was saying. I am on workers comp so it was hard to get treatment I needed so I was sent to a independent medical examination to see what he thought he agreed with the other doctors so in July 2015 I finally I was able to start getting nerve blocks I was going once a week for 3 weeks and then they stopped idk why no one can tell me anything. I was in intense therapy to try and get me back to work in Aug I left there one day came home was in pain I didn't think much about it because I always hurt after therapy. I remember sitting on the couch watching TV and my hand just started shaking and twitching. I applied heat thinking my muscles are probably just wore out no big deal. The next day I was in the hospital screaming in pain if could put a number on it I would say 10+. The doctors did everything to stop the arm from twitching with no success. I was sent home with idk what to do for u news. I finally was seen by my doctor and was able to get more nerve blocks approved but it was too late my hand had contracted the wrist turned in and the fingers frozen shut. I have been this way since anytime I try to lift my arm it gets touched or the wind blows it tremors and the muscles contract tighter, and it has spread up to the elbow. I have no clue which way to go now but I am still hopeful there is something I can do to help with the pain and spread. This has turned my whole life upside down but I have crps crps does not have me. I am now looking into a SCS to see if this can help me. I will not give up on finding something to help. I will fight until the end! Sorry so long but thank you for all the support

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
caseydh31 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (12-18-2015), PurpleFoot721 (12-10-2015)