View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 10:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddouglas View Post
It really came as no surprise. I have been diagnosed with Metabolic Syndrome for at least 10 yrs, my biological father is diabetic, and my oldest was over 9 lbs at birth (almost 32 yrs ago).

I am really tired all the time, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia more than a year ago. I just have to get my diet in line and try to exercise the best I can.
My a1c was 7.5 so I am working on decreasing it to 7.0.

I am open to any and all suggestions. I do have some limited mobility due to the Fibro and long term injury. Thanks for listening.
Hi there,

Just on exercise..

I had injured myself in 2010 and needed surgery. I had limited mobility, pain and I was told to exercise. Before the injury I was an avid walker. I bought myslef an inexpensive treadmill and it was the best thing I have ever bought myself. I turn on the music/Tv and I do 20 minutes of uphill/downhill walking on the treadmill 4-5 times a week. I always dress very warm in a track suit and turn on a blow heater so I get hot and sweaty. At first I couldnt do this but i pushed just a bit more each time and built up to this. Also swimming was very good as no pain on joints. I was told to swim by someone who suffered chronic pain from fibro and it helped with her fibro. I loved swimming and it helped alot with my pain, the only issues i had was getting to the pool at a time when lessons were not being held.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote