View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 06:09 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Angry Do I have MG?

Hi all,

For me, it had started about 10 years ago, with body pains and weight gain. I visited Ortho, but he said nothing serious, and prescribed some exercises. With exercise, the pains would only increase. After a great deal of pain, stress, finally i was diagnosed with Subacute Autoimmune Hypothyroidism. Taking medication for it for the last four years has not improved my pains a bit. Now it has only worsened. I have chronic chest pain, swallowing difficulty, pain at the back of my left leg (MRI revealed one hypoechoic region at the sacroiliac joint which was surmised to be idiopathic edema.), breathing difficulty, and progressively weakening left side of the body. When I visited the doctor, he burshed off the symptoms as GERD, though I do not have belching and heart burn. Medication for GERD does not improve things either. Though I had undergone endoscopy once, and it revealed patulous esophageal sphincter.

So far, there is no ptosis, but I can feel that there is some issue with my left eye. After I apply Kajal, I can notice that certain portion of my left eye lid is slower to return to normal position after being stretched. And often, I involuntarily squint the left eye when sitting idle till I notice it and set it right.

I have a hunch that I could have mild MG with thymic abnormality, but no doctor is taking this seriously. My chest pain fluctuates and sometimes it becomes terrible to bear. In those occasions, all I want to do is to lie down, and do nothing. I also have mild cervical spondylosis.

I got x-ray done, but it revealed nothing. CT Scan is too expensive. Please advise me.
SwetlanaIndian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote