View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 02:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default My Atlas Orthogonal Experience

Since my concussion back in March of this year contained a whiplash element that left me with a sore neck for a few days, I decided to see an Atlas Orthogonal Chiro 2 weeks ago. They first performed physical measurements to determine if I was a good candidate. The telling indicators to them were the fact that I had what they called "pain nodules" on the right side of my neck and my left leg measured approx. 1 inch shorted than my right leg. This told them that my Atlas was indeed out of alignment. I then had a series of very precise x-rays taken of my neck/head at various angles. Last Wednesday they showed me the x-rays, which illustrated that my Atlas was rotated up to the left and forward approximately 2 degrees, which does make sense considering how my head was impacted. They performed the adjustment that day, which only took about 2 seconds with the instrument. I was really skeptical because I barely felt anything. They let me rest for 20 minutes, felt my neck to verify the pain nodules were gone and measured my legs to verify they were now the same length. A day later, I went back in to get checked and they said my Atlas was still where it should be. I did not feel any different. Then yesterday at my check-up they asked how I was feeling. I said I felt pretty much the same since my dizziness and brain fog were still there. They assured me that the nervous system and neck muscles will take some time to adjust to things before my dizziness subsides and that it won't be immediate. They then measured me and said my pain nodules were back and left leg was again shorter than my right. They re-aligned my Atlas and said not to get discouraged because it often takes a little time for it to stabilize. I go in again tomorrow to get re-checked.

Is this the typical experience for everyone else? I am beginning to feel like this whole procedure is some kind of scam. Is my Atlas really being adjusted when this metal probe gently touches my neck directly behind my ear lobe? I guess since I am already this far into it I will give it another week or two to see what happens, but I am skeptical. I don't want to have to think about keeping my head in a neutral position 24/7 while this thing stabilizes. It is hard enough dealing with my PCS symptoms as it is.

Last edited by Blessed_with_PCS...; 12-08-2015 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistakes
Blessed_with_PCS... is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote