View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 08:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I was originally diagnosed (MRI) with trigeminal neuralgia about a year ago. Since then my symptoms have increased and now my diagnosis has been expanded to include 'atypical facial pain'. The numbness & tingling is constant now and moves around my head - the medications are pretty debilitating for me. The side effects are so that I can't function. I have never lasted a month on any of my meds because of side effects. Tegretol, neurontin & cymbals are drugs I have tried. Latest drug was cymbalta. Apparently these drugs really make me feeling drugged, sluggish and 'out of it'. I am still working and do not want to retire so maintaining my clarity is really important to me. My discomfort is becoming increasingly worse so am contemplating trying one of the meds again. My pain is more burning, tingling numbing. Occasionally I do get the sharp, stabbing intense pain but it isn't constant. I wonder if I pushed myself to try one meds again if the side effects would diminish after a certain period of time. Depressed to say the least.
Moog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote