View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 10:24 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler1993 View Post
Hmmm yes I was on gabapentin for almost a year and when I came off of it I didn't realize how dizzy and tired it made me until I was off of it! With the Lyrica I just don't know if this was a flare of symptoms or the medication - frustrating that a medication for neuropathy can cause neuropathic symptoms! Talk about making everyone feel crazy. I will continue on it as it has only been a few days and see if it levels out (I am also a little mentally foggy and sleepy but I saw a study that said this could take 4-6 weeks to clear up).
Thank you for all of your replies - I do have a more general question for those who have taken Lyrica - were your only side effects tiredness and dopeyness/drunk feeling or did you notice any additional burning pain or a flare at the time of taking that may or may not have been attributed to the drug?

It is hard for me to tell these things because sometimes I am symptom free but others I will have symptoms for months...makes it hard to decide whether to take medication and also if the medication is the problem or if I am having a flare....
I think most would tell you that an increase in symptoms is not normal. It would have to be something else. When i took Lyrica I found it very effective for pain. I just hated how it slowed my reaction time, alertness and stiffened all my joints. It was a case of Cons outweighing the pros.

Although, this may not be the same as your issue. I only take my gabapentin dose at night because that is when my cortisol levels are lowest and my pain starts to flare up. i could swear that when i take the gabapentin, at first the pain worsens, and then it reduces after a few hours. Is that the gabapentin? Is it that it is just becuase its end of day when most people's neuro pain ramps up?

I know it's gabapentin and not Lyrica but they are similar drugs and Lyrica shares ingredients of gabapentin.

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote