View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 08:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Free SCS Medtronic Trial - Couldn't say no

I have severe small fiber neuropathy. Feet, legs, hands and arms. (possibly mouth) From my first visit to my pain dr a little over a year ago, he advised me that an SCS will probably be my best bet for pain relief. I have no A or C fibers left in my feet per skin biopsy done in Sept 2013.

I have been on the BuTrans pain patch (20 mcg/hr) and 3 oxycondone a day (10-325). I am now at the max for this combination of pain medicines that my dr's office will allow. I am also on 1800 mgs a day of gabapentin. I still have not been able to reach my 3 original goals: cooking, cleaning my house and grocery shopping due to the unrelenting pain.

A local charity has offered to completely pay for an SCS trial and asked them if they had anyone that would benefit from this trial. It's not based on income so I was very surprised when they offered it to me. One of the ladies in this office that I work closely with said she thought of me immediately because of everything I've been through this past year. And my dr agreed with her.

So......I'm having the trial done this Friday morning at 8 am. It will be Medtronic and I was assured that the reps are there every step of the way. This dr's office likes these 2 reps so much they invite them to their Christmas party every year. She said they are wonderful to the patients and always ready to help at a moment's notice.

As I've read on the SCS forum I know the reps are a very important part of this process.

Even though I've always said I didn't think I could do the SCS and pretty much still feel that way I am going to give the trial a go.

My NT family...I ask that you say a little prayer for me on Friday morning that all goes well.

I'll post when I can to let you know how it's going.

Love and hugs to my friends

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (12-10-2015), Hopeless (12-13-2015), indigo (12-12-2015), KnowNothingJon (12-10-2015), Lara (12-09-2015), mrsD (12-09-2015), PamelaJune (12-10-2015), PurpleFoot721 (12-23-2015)