View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 01:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Could you enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
Ken, thanks for the kind and encouraging words.

It's not easy for sure, but given the stakes, I'm up for trying this ridiculously restrictive diet for 1 year and trying to heal my gut and possibly push this thing into remission. I'm not sure it's probable though, given everything I'm reading about non length dependent SFN, though it has been known to happen.

Basically, I can't eat so many things that going out is not an option for me. To give you an idea how restrictive my diet is like: I can't eat spices from seeds, fruit, any sugar based sauces (which is practically all the sauces you find on meets out there), certain vinegars, and so on and so forth.

I'm hoping to reintroduce some fruit, very little, handful of berries a week to begin with, very little nuts and seeds and possibly eggs or egg yokes in a year from now, but even then eating out will be very risky. I've had to hold back from eating Christmas dinner out with the in laws and their extended family at a delicious restaurant next week, but I guess I'll have a nice quiet night to myself. It's difficult, but I really have no one to blame but myself for my poor lifestyle choices. Well, maybe it was genetics, but unlikely. Likely, my poor lifestyle for years and years precipitated this.

I'll live though: there is much suffering in this crazy world, and I'm among the most fortunate, I know. But being a foodie like yourself and not being able to indulge at the newest restaurant with my wife, family and friends is not easy.

Thanks again!
90% coacoa candy bars? I snack these as sugar is the 4th or 5th ingredient and it doesn't register on the old glucose meter. Also your symptoms will change over time. At some point you might start a journal and log the day that you tried something "bad" and then wait for 3 or 4 days and see if you have any info to write down. I had an aversion to Potatoe Salad as I would always eat too much and burn for a few days. I have tried it after about a year has gone by and It didn't treat me bad.Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote