View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 01:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks, Ken. Glad you can enjoy those treat. Well, let's say cocoa is very high in phytic acid, which is something we can't break down and so is a known irritant for people with gut and/or autoimmune. It's the same reason why I don't consume nuts and seeds among other things. At some point, say a year down the road, perhaps I'll introduce some very limited quantities.

Yes, that's the idea, you're right. I will keep a journal, I've been meaning to, but will for sure soon. And I'll definitely do so when I start to reintroduce things in a year or so. I plan to begin with nightshades, eggs and seeds and nuts, all of which I've excluded right now and for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, not surprised about the potato salad given that it's very high on the glycemic index. But glad you can enjoy some now. I'm hoping once I heel my gut, or hopefully do so, I can enjoy more things. And who knows, perhaps one day I'll be able to have things I don't thing are healthy here and there without a reaction, but I'm not sure I'll ever risk it with things like gluten, dairy and alcohol. We'll see. And thanks again for the encouragement. All the best to you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkrp01 View Post
90% coacoa candy bars? I snack these as sugar is the 4th or 5th ingredient and it doesn't register on the old glucose meter. Also your symptoms will change over time. At some point you might start a journal and log the day that you tried something "bad" and then wait for 3 or 4 days and see if you have any info to write down. I had an aversion to Potatoe Salad as I would always eat too much and burn for a few days. I have tried it after about a year has gone by and It didn't treat me bad.Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zkrp01 (12-12-2015)