Thread: My SFN Story
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 04:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for posting your story David. It always amazes me how different each of our cases are, with regard to causes, age and nature of onset, symptoms, degree of progression, etc. At the same time, it also amazes me how many similarities there are in the course our journeys take as we try to find a cause, find a cure, find relief. Many of us also seem to share very similar fears and frustrations as we come to terms with the uncertainties and the impact this disease has on our lives - and the lives of those who are close to us.

I admire the fact that you have been able to make such drastic changes in your diet and lifestyle. I have made some modest changes, but have not had the willpower to go "all in" on the dietary changes.

Your gut problems are of interest to me. I have suffered from IBS since I was a kid. It took me a long time to realize that I had a problem, because I grew up with it and sort of assumed that everyone had the same issues. In my case, the IBS was very closely linked to anxiety issues. (A little bit of anxiety sets off my stomach, and a little twinge in my stomach sets off my anxiety.)

My PN symptoms started during a time of extreme anxiety in my life. And of course, the onset of those symptoms, all the tests, etc. just continued escalating the anxiety. At some point I just reached a point of acceptance of what was happening, and the anxiety began to lift. And my IBS issues began to subside at the same time. I'm still not sure what it all means. I'm just happy that my anxiety and IBS symptoms are reduced, and my PN symptoms are stabilized. I know it can flare up at any time, so I just appreciate every minute that I can feel something other than pain..........
Ragtop262 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cliffman (12-10-2015), Joe Duffer (12-10-2015), St George 2013 (12-11-2015)