View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 08:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Autonomic seizures kicking of 2 yrs of neuro chaos

Hi- the title says it all. For those experienced with epilepsy, I'd like to know your take....

At the age of 45 (female), I experienced what we now think were autonomic seizures. Rising feeling in stomach, head pressure, stiffness on one side of face, eye twitching, then nausea, dizziness, arrythmia, and having to relieve myself. This did occur at a time of minimal sleep and high stress.

THis went on for about three months, during which I developed severe insomnia b/c many of these would attacks happen at night. I was scared and had to try and sleep upright. I also had sensitivity to noise and light. I also felt a tugging sensation behind my eyes.

I had one EEG but it was brief and showed normal activity. ONe time I was hospitalized and it showed elevated prolactin.

Anyway, here is my question. Since then I have had neurological chaos. I have twitching all over (3 normal EMGs). I developed extensive palpitations. I had trigeminal and glossophyrangeal neuralgia. I now out of the blue have obstructive sleep apnea (Im 120 lbs!) My eyes burn, sometimes my eyebrows go up or down and droop a bit, and I have skins crawling anxiety which swings to depression.

I have autonomic system testing which shows dysfunction (but no orthostatic hypotension). I have an "adrenergic" system out of whack and a "paradoxical" parasympathetic response whatever that means.

I am going to have one more round of EEGs in January. I do have reactivated EBV and had Lyme in the past.

Just wondering if anyone has had "chaos" after suffering seizures or pseudoseizures. I am frightening that something is "developing." I can't live my life like this. Ive been to about 8 neuros and no one knows what to make of this. I don't see the autonomic neuro until March. Long waiting list.

Any ideas? Can seizures throw you off permanently.
Pyr2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote