View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 12:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks, Newstown. I appreciate the response. Well, mine is also an academic at a leading medical school in a large city, and so am I, though in a different discipline, so perhaps that facilitated this sort of relationship. I also read all the medical journals and research before seeing him, so we had quite a technical discussion. But a patient shouldn't have to do all that to get a decent level of details from their neuro, and I'm sorry that yours doesn't do that with you. My opinion of physicians is not very high for that and many other reasons.

Also, mine was diagnosed with a biopsy, and missed by 3 nerve conduction studies, so it would have to be pure small fiber. From what you all have been saying on your long thread, it sounds like yours involves larger fibers and was picked up with a conduction study, no?

Yeah, I've heard as much too, but can't seem to confirm it. Perhaps I should look at the medical journals again. Regardless, I appreciate your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newstown View Post
That's pretty interesting that you got a Neuro to be that specific with you, David , if that's what happened.....I can't get mine to get into details like that. It seems like I read somewhere that alcohol related PN is mostly , if not always, small fiber neuropathy, but I could be wrong about that. Sorry I can't help out on this, it will be interesting to see if anyone has info on this.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
newstown (12-11-2015)